A Master of Divinity (Ministry Studies) strengthens the leadership skills you already have as a teacher and follower of Christ. Whether you’re a minister or missionary, a student or religious-organization member, this program gives you more tools to work with as you help others find their role in God’s great mission.
With CBS, you’ll build upon your passion through academically rigorous, hands-on classes. You’ll work with professors who are also ministry practitioners, and you’ll learn along with peers from all over the world. Once you graduate, you’ll be equipped with techniques you need to equip others to live through Christ.
What You’ll Learn
- How to apply biblical principles of leadership to the practice of ministry
- Twenty-first-century strategies for missional renewal in multicultural settings
- Effective methods of communicating biblical truth with the goal of life transformation
- How to foster healthy relationships among members of the body of Christ
- Strategies for applying the results of cultural analysis to evangelism and discipleship
Depending on your academic background, this 78-credit-hour program can take up to three years.
Is It Offered On Campus or Online?
This master’s program is offered both on campus and online, so you can choose the delivery format that works best for your schedule and learning style.
Career and Ministry Opportunities with This Degree
Ministry studies students graduate better prepared to continue their pursuit of ministry in its many forms.
- Local congregation pastor
- Assistant or associate pastor
- Para-church or campus ministry team lead
- Outreach or discipleship team lead
- Marketplace ministry team lead
Why Earn Your Master’s at CBS?
- Diverse, multicultural classes that effectively balance theory and research with experiential learning
- Flexible program with high-quality online options and the ability to tailor your degree to your interests and goals
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing not only academic support but spiritual support and guidance as well
- Internships built into the curriculum
What You Need to Know Before You Apply
Course of Study (78 hours)
|CHL 5001||Chapel I||0|
|CHL 5002||Chapel II||0|
|CHL 5003||Chapel III||0|
|Bible and Hermeneutics||15|
|BIB 5112||Genesis to Song of Solomon: God's Plan of Creation and Redemption||3|
|BIB 5113||Prophets: God's Message of Redemption and Judgment||3|
|BIB 5132||Gospels: God's Means of Providing Redemption||3|
|BIB 5133||Acts to Revelation: God's People Proclaiming Redemption Globally||3|
|BIB 5410||Hermeneutics: Interpreting and Applying the Bible||3|
|Choose one sequence|
|GRE 5110||NT Greek I: Beginning Grammar||3|
|GRE 5111||NT Greek II: Beginning Grammar||3|
|GRE 6220||Greek III: NT Greek Exegesis||3|
|GRE 63xx||GREEK IV: Exegetical Book Study||3|
|HEB 5110||Hebrew I: Beginning Grammar||3|
|HEB 5111||Hebrew II: Beginning Grammar||3|
|HEB 6220||Hebrew III: From Exegesis to Exposition||3|
|HEB 65xx||Hebrew IV: Exegetical Book Study||3|
|History and Theology||12|
|HIS 6221||History of Global Christianity I||3|
|HIS 6231||History of Global Christianity II||3|
|THE 6310||Systematic Theology in Global Christianity I||3|
|THE 6320||Systematic Theology in Global Christianity II||3|
|Worldview and Spiritual Formation||9|
|GLS 5115||Missions and Evangelism in the Twenty-first Century||3|
|GLS 6515||Understanding Cultures and Worldviews||3|
|MIN 5300||Foundations of Spiritual Formation||3|
|CNC 6710||Short Term Counseling: Theories and Practice||3|
|HOM 6300||Foundations for Biblical Preaching||3|
|MIN 6100||Leadership and Ministry Skills||3|
|MIN 6344||Transformational Bible Teaching||3|
|INT 6110||Foundation of Internship||0|
|INT 6217||Focused Internship I||1.5|
|INT 6218||Focused Internship II||1.5|
|Choose five courses from any department.||15|
- Completed application
- $25 application fee
- Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
- Church leader reference
- Application Essay (800 words total, typed)
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
Ready to learn about how you can enter into the Master of Divinity (Ministry Studies) program from Columbia Biblical Seminary?
Professor of New Testament & Greek
B.A., Seattle Pacific University; M.Div., Columbia International University; S.T.M., Ph.D., Dallas Theological SeminaryRead More...
Professor of Church Ministry
B.A., D.Min., Columbia International University; Th.M., Dallas Theological SeminaryRead More...
Emeritus Professor of Ministry Studies
Certificate in Biblical Studies, Columbia International University; B.A., M.S., Ph.D., Florida State University