You know well that God’s love has no borders — and you’re ready to reach out and spread His light to people of all backgrounds through ministry. The Master of Divinity (Global Studies) is designed to help you prepare for that great purpose, through an international- and multicultural-focused curriculum.
With expert professors, you’ll learn about cultures and traditions different than your own. You’ll also build up your knowledge of the best practices of intercultural exchange and develop ministry-leadership skills that engage, encourage, and support communities through Christ.
What You’ll Learn
- How to apply biblical principles and models for participating in the global mission of God
- Twenty-first-century strategies for participating in the global mission of God
- Best practices for conducting informed cultural analysis and population-segment research
- Effective methods for evaluating historical examples for participating in the global mission of God
- Tools and techniques for serving effectively in a cross-cultural context
How Long It Will Take
Depending on your academic background, this 78-credit-hour program will take about three years.
Is It Offered On Campus or Online?
This master’s program is offered both on campus and online, so you can choose the delivery format that works best for your schedule and learning style.
What You Can Do with This Degree
M.Div. Global Studies students are as diverse as the world they study — and all of them have a passion for spreading God’s love to all people. Their dedication to our rigorous, hands-on program prepares them for ministry in a number of cross-cultural contexts.
- Agency-appointed career missionary
- International student worker
- Missions pastor
- Church cross-cultural outreach coordinator
- NGO community-development worker
- Business or church cross-cultural consultant
Why Earn Your Master’s at CBS?
- Highly engaged, fieldwork-oriented classes with peers from all over the world
- Multilingual professors who have lived internationally, doing the very work they’re teaching
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing not only academic support but spiritual support and guidance as well
- Internships built into the curriculum
What You Need to Know Before You Apply
Course of Study (78 hours)
|CHL 5001||Chapel I||0|
|CHL 5002||Chapel II||0|
|CHL 5003||Chapel III||0|
|Bible and Hermeneutics||15|
|BIB 5112||Genesis to Song of Solomon: God's Plan of Creation and Redemption||3|
|BIB 5113||Prophets: God's Message of Redemption and Judgment||3|
|BIB 5132||Gospels: God's Means of Providing Redemption||3|
|BIB 5133||Acts to Revelation: God's People Proclaiming Redemption Globally||3|
|BIB 5410||Hermeneutics: Interpreting and Applying the Bible||3|
|Choose one sequence|
|GRE 5110||NT Greek I: Beginning Grammar||3|
|GRE 5111||NT Greek II: Beginning Grammar||3|
|GRE 6220||Greek III: NT Greek Exegesis||3|
|GRE 63xx||GREEK IV: Exegetical Book Study||3|
|HEB 5110||Hebrew I: Beginning Grammar||3|
|HEB 5111||Hebrew II: Beginning Grammar||3|
|HEB 6220||Hebrew III: From Exegesis to Exposition||3|
|HEB 65xx||Hebrew IV: Exegetical Book Study||3|
|History and Theology||12|
|HIS 6221||History of Global Christianity I||3|
|HIS 6231||History of Global Christianity II||3|
|THE 6310||Systematic Theology in Global Christianity I||3|
|THE 6320||Systematic Theology in Global Christianity II||3|
|Worldview and Spiritual Formation||9|
|GLS 5115||Missions and Evangelism in the Twenty-first Century||3|
|GLS 6515||Understandng Cultures and Worldviews||3|
|MIN 5300||Foundations of Spiritual Formaiton||3|
|CNC 5400||Ministry of Counseling||3|
|HOM 6300||Foundations for Biblical Preaching||3|
|MIN 6100||Leadership and Ministry Skills||3|
|MIN 6344||Transformational Bible Teaching||3|
|INT 6110||Foundation of Internship||0|
|INT 6217||Focused Internship I||1.5|
|INT 6218||Focused Internship II||1.5|
|GLS 5020||Introduction to Islam or||3|
|GLS 5600||Introduction to World Religions||3|
|Choose four courses from GLS or ICS.||12|
Ready to learn about how you can enter into the Master of Divinity (Global Studies) program from Columbia Biblical Seminary?