Your commitment to Christ and ministering His word to enrich the lives of others is unwavering. And because you’re here, we know that you’re ready to redouble that commitment by further developing your knowledge, theoretical clarity, and competence in ministry through lifelong learning in leadership. Through a rigorous, comprehensive curriculum, you’ll build on your previous ministry studies and experiences.
What You’ll Learn
- Methods for analyzing and addressing current developments and trends in the profession and practice of ministry
- Innovative concepts, methods, and approaches in leading change for missional renewal
- Tools and techniques for contributing effectively and meaningfully to the theory and practice of leadership in a variety of ministry contexts
How Long It Will Take
Depending on your academic background, three years of full-time study.
Is It Offered On Campus or Online?
This master’s program is offered on campus, in a face-to-face delivery format, using intensive courses during the months of September, January, and June.
What You Can Do with This Degree
Those who pursue doctoral work in ministry leadership are uniquely prepared for leadership positions in churches, colleges and universities, and organizations.
- Pastor at a local congregation
- Multi-staff church team leader
- Para-church ministry leader
- Marketplace minister
- Itinerant evangelist
- Teacher of pastoral leadership in a higher education setting
Why Earn Your Master’s at CBS?
- Flexible program with diverse, multicultural classes that effectively balance theory and research
- Professors who are practitioners of the subjects they teach
- Individually assigned mentors from the Seminary & School of Ministry who will work with you from program start to graduation
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing not only academic support, but spiritual support and guidance as well
- Caring and mentoring during the dissertation process
What You Need to Know Before You Apply
Course of Study (30 hours)
|Course Number||Course||Credit Hours|
|MIN 9431||Personal Spiritual Transformation||3|
|RES 9400||Doctoral Research Methods||3|
|RES 9995||Dissertation: Project Proposal||3|
|RES 9996||Dissertation: Project Defense||3|
|Choose three courses from MIN.||9|
|Choose three courses from any department||9|
Ready to learn about how you can enter into the Doctor of Ministry (Ministry Leadership) program from Columbia Biblical Seminary?
Professor of New Testament & Greek
B.A., Seattle Pacific University; M.Div., Columbia International University; S.T.M., Ph.D., Dallas Theological SeminaryRead More...
Professor of Ministry Studies
Certificate in Biblical Studies, Columbia International University; B.A., M.S., Ph.D., Florida State University