If you’re ready to expand your work with ministerial and therapeutic care for missionaries, the D.Min. (Member Care) is the degree for you. In this advanced degree program, you’ll learn and master multidisciplinary training tools that will help you better listen, reach out, and heal those engaged in mission work in cross-cultural settings.
What You’ll Learn
- Effective ways to analyze and address current developments and trends in member care ministry
- Innovative concepts, methods, and approaches in addressing the spiritual and emotional needs of individuals and families who are engaged in cross-cultural ministry
- How to effectively and meaningfully contribute to the theory and practice of member care ministry
How Long It Will Take
Depending on your academic background, three years of full-time study.
Is It Offered On Campus or Online?
This master’s program is offered on campus, in a face-to-face delivery format, using intensive courses during the months of September, January, and June.
What You Can Do with This Degree
Member Care students are prepared to serve in a number of capacities to meet the emotional and spiritual needs of missionaries and others working in cross-cultural settings, as well as communities.
- Missions support services specialist in an organization
- Clinical counseling specialist (requires licensure) for missionaries
- Member care services coordinator for a mission agency
- Leader of an organization that provides member care services to individuals and groups
- Teacher of member care ministry in a higher education context
Why Earn Your Master’s at CBS?
- Small, close-knit classes that serve as safe spaces to learn, grow, and gain insight into God, yourself, and others
- Holistic, high-level training from experienced professors who practice the subjects they teach, in courses they’ve designed to be equal parts, intellectual, emotional, and fieldwork oriented
- Intentionally inclusive learning environments that respect all cultures and backgrounds
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing not only academic support, but spiritual support and guidance as well
- Caring and mentoring during the dissertation process
What You Need to Know Before You Apply
Course of Study (30 hours)
|Course Number||Course||Credit Hours|
|MIN 9431||Personal Spiritual Transformation||3|
|RES 9400||Doctoral Research Methods||3|
|RES 9995||Dissertation: Project Proposal||3|
|RES 9996||Dissertation: Project Defense||3|
|CNC 9474||Clinical Applications in Missionary Care||3|
|CNC 9541||Missionary Care for Career Transitions||3|
|CNC 9571||Single and Family Issues in Missions||3|
|CNC 9740||Organizational Missionary Care Services||3|
|Choose two courses from any department.||6|
Ready to learn about how you can enter into the Doctor of Ministry (Member Care) program from Columbia Biblical Seminary?