Like you, students in our D.Min. (Bible Exposition) program are deeply driven by His word — by the truth and light of Scripture. Through a rigorous, practical, and comprehensive curriculum, you will enhance and grow not only your ability to interpret and communicate the text of Scripture, but also your relationship with Christ.
What You’ll Learn
- How to interpret and apply biblical texts accurately in light of their literary genre
- Innovative concepts, methods, and approaches in communicating biblical truth
- Methods of effectively contributing to the theory and practice of interpreting, applying, and communicating biblical truth
How Long It Will Take
Depending on your academic background, three years of full-time study.
Is It Offered On Campus or Online?
This program is offered on campus, in a face-to-face delivery format, using intensive courses during the months of September, January, and June.
What You Can Do with This Degree
Bible Exposition students are pastors, teachers, and others involved with the ministry of God. They bring with them to the program unique perspectives and a drive to enhance their relationship with God. They do this through critical analysis, interpretation, research, writing, and thoughtful study, all of which opens doors to many teaching and ministry opportunities.
- Pastor at a local congregation
- Multi-staff church team lead
- Preaching/teaching pastor on a multi-staff church team
- Itinerant evangelist or conference speaker
- Homiletics teacher in a higher education setting
Why Earn Your Master’s at CBS?
- Flexible schedules and highly engaged, hands-on classes
- Professors who are practitioners of the subjects they teach and who can provide expert academic advising
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing not only academic support but spiritual support and guidance as well
- Caring and mentoring during the dissertation process
What You Need to Know Before You Apply
Course of Study (30 hours)
|Course Number||Course||Credit Hours|
|MIN 9431||Personal Spiritual Transformation||3|
|RES 9400||Doctoral Research Methods||3|
|RES 9995||Dissertation Project Proposal||3|
|RES 9996||Dessertation Project Defense||3|
|Choose three courses from BIB or HOM||9|
|Choose three courses from any department||9|
Ready to learn about how you can enter into the Doctor of Ministry (Bible Exposition) program from Columbia Biblical Seminary?
John D. Harvey
Dean of the Seminary & School of Ministry
B.A., Syracuse University; M.Div., Columbia International University; Th.D., Wycliffe CollegeRead More...
Don N. Howell, Jr.
Professor of New Testament and Greek
B.I.E., Georgia Institute of Technology; Th.M., Th.D., Dallas Theological SeminaryRead More...