Earn Your Doctor of Ministerial Leadership degree online in 3 years.
The Doctor of Ministerial Leadership degree offers professional ministers the opportunity to reflect on their practice of leadership from diverse strategic perspectives. It challenges practitioners from a variety of ministry contexts to grow in their own spiritual maturity, strengthen their personal and professional ethic, and develop a biblical approach to their practice of leadership.
What You'll Learn
Upon completion of the Doctor of Ministerial Leadership degree, students will demonstrate an ability to
- Formulate a plan for continuing personal spiritual growth in leadership
- Develop a personal and professional ethic for leadership in ministry
- Implement an approach to leadership that embraces multicultural and global perspectives
- Assess the effectiveness of leadership practice using a case study research method
This 32-credit-hour degree will take three years.
Career and Ministry Opportunities with This Degree
Graduates with a Doctor of Ministerial Leadership degree can go on to become more effective in their ministries as:
- Leading pastors
- Women’s ministry leaders
- Discipleship pastors
- Pastoral counselors
- Missionary care specialists
- Small group pastors
- Church education leaders
- Parachurch ministry leaders
Why Study Ministerial Leadership at CIU Online?
- Program design allows you to focus on research and writing from the beginning of your studies.
- Non-residential modality allows you to pursue your degree without relocating.
- Experienced faculty mentors provide individualized guidance in areas of their particular expertise.
- Accredited regionally by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and accredited nationally by the Association of Biblical Higher Education and the Association of Theological Schools.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Completed application
- $25 application fee
- Application Essay (800 words total, typed)
- A masters-level theological degree from an accredited institution (not limited to MDiv or equivalent) with a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0. Students whose GPA falls between 2.5 and 3.0 may be considered for admission on a conditional basis if they submit their requests in writing accompanied by appropriate rationale. Their applications will be reviewed and evaluated by the SSM Admissions Review Committee on a case-by-case basis.
- One church leader reference
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
|Course of Study||32|
|MIN 9440||Profile of the Godly Leader||4|
|MIN 9441||Transformational Leadership||4|
|MIN 9442||Multicultural Leadership with Global Focus||4|
|MIN 9901||Reviewing Precedent Research||4|
|MIN 9902||Research Foundations and Parameters||4|
|MIN 9903||Conducting a Case Study||4|
|MIN 9904||Analyzing the Data||4|
|MIN 9905||Ministerial Leadership Capstone Project||4|
|Semester 1||MIN 9901 - Reviewing Precedent Research||Chapter 1|
|Semester 2||MIN 9440 - Profile of the Godly Leader||Foundations|
|Semester 3||MIN 9902 - Reserach Foundations and Parameters||Chapter 2|
|Semester 1||MIN 9441 - Transformational Leadership||Foundations|
|Semester 2||MIN 9903 - Conducting a Case Study||Chapter 3|
|Semester 3||MIN 9442 - Multicultural Leadership with Global Focus||Foundations|
|Semester 1||MIN 9904 - Analyzing the Data||Chapter 4|
|Semester 2||MIN 9905 - Ministerial Leadership Capstone||Chapter 5|